attention: Site Update (20 Jun 2015)

Welcome to Song Crypt!

To get started head over to " Introductions " and introduce yourself! That's the best way to get involved with the community!

**UPDATE**
Sorry for the absence...
I am working now on updating the site and making some adjustments so that it is more flexible and can be accessed easily from a smartphone/tablet. If something is broken, missing, or if you just have feedback, let me know! ;)

× ***IMPORTANT***

So we can keep the forums organized please post your song in the following format:
  • Subject: This will be the title of your song, if you have one.
  • Message: Please only use one post per song. If you have 2 songs, please make them into individual posts. This keeps the feedback clear and threads on topic! ;)

For more information please see the thread titled "How to post songs in the forums". The thread can be found in the Category, "Song Crypt"

Need lyrics for a melodic dubstep track

More
10 Jul 2014 13:29 #1 by drummerr81
drummerr81 created the topic: Need lyrics for a melodic dubstep track
Hello,

Does anyone here know a lot of EDM songwriting? I am almost done with a track and struggling to create non-cliche lyrics. I am just looking for a talented songwriter who can help me out. If you want to get in touch outside of this forum, that's cool too. I can compensate for your work as long as it's good.

The song is lacking few synths & effects. It's also not mixed, but the layout is there. Its scale is C Minor

Looking for:
- It's uplifting song so possibly about love, relationship, or life?
- not cliche lyrics
- some unique phrases cuz i can't think of them
- Rides the rhythm
- I left a lot of room for vocals

Let me know if you feel a spark and want to share.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2014 09:44 #2 by fallenroads
fallenroads replied the topic: Need lyrics for a melodic dubstep track
Dude. I really like it. Sounds very well produced, which is something I'm still trying to get my mind around. If I come up with anything, I'll run it by you. I also know 2 good female vocalists that would probably be willing to lend their pipes. How long have you been producing, what do you use (Ableton, Logic), and what VSTs? Looking forward to hearing more.

More
15 Jul 2014 12:36 #3 by drummerr81
drummerr81 replied the topic: Need lyrics for a melodic dubstep track
Glad you like it. I am trying to work on lyrics with my friend and thinking of going with the vocalist from below. She sounds great. If you think your vocalists would be a better fit, then I am open to it. At worst, I can make a VIP mix I suppose.

I have been seriously producing maybe for a year. I started really putting in my time early 2013, but I have been on and off. I use Ableton 9 as my main DAW with Reason 6 as my slave. Other than stock instruments, I have Komplete 8, Melodyne, Waves, some free VSTs, etc.

More
15 Jul 2014 16:01 #4 by fallenroads
fallenroads replied the topic: Need lyrics for a melodic dubstep track
Oh, Waves eh? Fancy. Yeah I'm an Ableton 9 guy myself. Komplete 9, and trying to resist buying more VSTs, though it's hard.

So if I'm reading you correctly, you no longer are looking for somebody to write lyrics? One of the girls I have in mind has a Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/katrhodesmusic

The other I reached out to as far as samples, and haven't heard back. But no worries if you've already got somebody, the girl in the video was quite good.

More
17 Jul 2014 22:39 #5 by drummerr81
drummerr81 replied the topic: Need lyrics for a melodic dubstep track
Yea I think I got someone. I made quite a few changes since my latest post. I hope to get it done by month's end and send it out to get it mixed and mastered. Hopefully, I can release it by mid-August. I'll let you know!

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds