attention: Site Update (20 Jun 2015)

Welcome to Song Crypt!

To get started head over to " Introductions " and introduce yourself! That's the best way to get involved with the community!

**UPDATE**
Sorry for the absence...
I am working now on updating the site and making some adjustments so that it is more flexible and can be accessed easily from a smartphone/tablet. If something is broken, missing, or if you just have feedback, let me know! ;)

× ***IMPORTANT***

So we can keep the forums organized please post your song in the following format:
  • Subject: This will be the title of your song, if you have one.
  • Message: Please only use one post per song. If you have 2 songs, please make them into individual posts. This keeps the feedback clear and threads on topic! ;)

For more information please see the thread titled "How to post songs in the forums". The thread can be found in the Category, "Song Crypt"

Inspirational Song about a life doing music *relate?

More
04 Jul 2014 14:34 #1 by Tha Storyteller
Tha Storyteller created the topic: Inspirational Song about a life doing music *relate?
So recently I have a block with my writing, happens from time to time but personally theres a fair bit going on in my life and that may have something to do with the lack of inspiration. However, I got in the studio today, chest infection and all!!! pulled in one of my producers based locally and we just bashed this out... check it out and let me know what you think..

The song is about music. Its about people doing music that are still trying to 'make it'... meant to be an inspirational song that shows we are all in the same struggle and sometimes its hard, lots of people say your wasting your time or you will fail and its about persisting through and being brave enough to want it anyway.

Hope you like. this is a rough recording, with us both being ill we wanted a guide for when we get together again - when were better and this horrible stuff has lifted!

Singing Lyrics
Verse
It’s getting kinda heavy right now
I Cant seem to catch a break
Tired of following the same crowds
I aint made that way

I was never one to follow
I Made my own way
its hard to swallow
when I fail

In the end
It’s all or nothing
Its My decision
Promise that you’ll never lose faith
In me

Pre hook
im trying
Im still trying
To make wrongs right
To hold on tight
To keep on going
When they say its not right
Now

I cant see
I cant eat
I don’t see no way out

No more sleep
No more dreams
No one hears me scream out

Hook
Help me find the way
I cant live without ya
There’s No more dreams without ya

I need you

Help me find the way
Cuz I cant live without ya

So say you’ll stay
Right by my side
So say you’ll stay
Trough this life of mine
I need you here
I need you now
So say you’ll stay
Can you hear that sound
Sounds like love

RAP VERSE

Hook
Help me find the way
I cant live without ya

I need you

Help me find the way

So say you’ll stay
Right by my side
So say you’ll stay
Trough this life of mine
I need you here
I need you now
So say you’ll stay
Can you hear that sound
Sounds like love

Bridge
Inspirational speech by Bruno Mars on Ellen

Hook X2
Help me find the way
I cant live without ya

I need you

Help me find the way

So say you’ll stay
Right by my side
So say you’ll stay
Trough this life of mine
I need you here
I need you now
So say you’ll stay
Can you hear that sound
Sounds like love

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2014 14:31 #2 by fallenroads
fallenroads replied the topic: Inspirational Song about a life doing music *relate?
I dig the theme of the song, absolutely. I can relate! Just recently decided to focus my energy entirely on music, and everybody just thinks it's a "hobby"... I guess technically it is since I'm not making money, but that doesn't mean I'll never get there. Keep it up man, hope we get to hear the final version.

The only criticism that I have at the moment is that it felt a little long. I have the same issue (just finished my first song, and it was 6:40 :ohmy: )

More
17 Mar 2015 12:11 #3 by Tha Storyteller
Tha Storyteller replied the topic: Inspirational Song about a life doing music *relate?
Haha 6.40... wow :)

Yeah it was a long one for us, typically these types of track we typically don't try and place, they're just songs we do, this one imparticular was a song to BREAK my writing block.. worked so it served its purpose ;P

Regarding your decision and peoples opinions I want to share with you something i tell a lot of young artists and producers i work with..

If you choose to do music 100% of the time you need to start thinking of yourself as a business.

As a business, you need a brand (thats you), you need a place that people can find that brands products (website, itunes etc), you need a way of interacting with your customers (email marketing, social media) and you need to have a clear direction and you need to think about how you can get some brand awareness.

Have a plan, dont worry about rushing to get your music out there.. make sure you're ready!
Music is honestly the smallest part of your career, unless you have a manager and pay them for the privilege of not having to focus on anything but the music. Figure out how to make your Operations run smooth (so your signed up with ASCAP, PRS, BMI for royalties - you have all social sites set up and maybe use hootsuite to communicate on all of them, you have a release plan of how you will be getting it from your computer to internet stores - then at the same time you can be doing some music - IT IS NOT A 100% JOB JUST WRITING OR PRODUCING MUSIC!!!!!!!

HOBBIE: The difference between a job and a hobbie is, you can rock up 10 mins before a game of football and play with ya mates... thats football as a hobbie.
JOB: I train everyday with the team, I get paid for my role/skills, I had to learn how to play football at a good level before I made it (doesnt mean i didnt make strides along the way)

HOBBIE: I like singing...
JOB: I am a business, I have a way to make my product (music), a way to share it with people and communicate with my fans, I have a way to publish my product to the world, I sell my music online and in stores, I do gigs, I have an online presence (website)

Up to you but if you tackle these you will be in a great place. if you want any help or ideas to get yourself started then id be happy to help you, DM and ill send you my FB (easiest way to chat - im not always available but will get back to you).

More
17 Mar 2015 18:31 #4 by dannphan29
dannphan29 replied the topic: Inspirational Song about a life doing music *relate?
Awesome :D
For a moment, I thought this sounded kinda like a One Piece opening xD AH! But that's a good thing!
Even though I'm not much a fan of the genre, I do love the lyrics. :) A splendid job!

RaInInG fIrEfLiEs

More
18 Mar 2015 09:46 #5 by Tha Storyteller
Tha Storyteller replied the topic: Inspirational Song about a life doing music *relate?
Cheers man, this is more the music I write to get placements.. you can see the difference in writing.

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds