attention: Site Update (20 Jun 2015)

Welcome to Song Crypt!

To get started head over to " Introductions " and introduce yourself! That's the best way to get involved with the community!

**UPDATE**
Sorry for the absence...
I am working now on updating the site and making some adjustments so that it is more flexible and can be accessed easily from a smartphone/tablet. If something is broken, missing, or if you just have feedback, let me know! ;)

We are looking for writers!

More
08 Feb 2013 00:25 - 08 Feb 2013 00:30 #1 by jason
jason created the topic: We are looking for writers!
I would like to expand upon the "Discuss" page and I know that we have some very talented writers already on the site and I would like to find out who would like to contribute?

• I am looking for articles written in a blog format. - If you have any question about the layout or style, check the existing articles in the "Discuss" section. It should be more of a discussion piece.
  • You will receive "full credit" for the work provided. - All work will be linked to your profile.

I would like to create a resource section for new songwriters & musicians. Giving them more knowledge (shortcuts) to getting started. Many topics that I see as of late, are related to how to get started. The current "Discuss" section is from other bloggers around the net and I would prefer to showcase some of our own talent! So whether you are really good at songwriting or perhaps you have mastered the art of home recording or just have general ideas, let me know! B)

There are some extra advantages - Your profile will receive a custom URL, so you can easily share your profile, i.e.,
www.songcrypt.net/yournamehere

Welcome to the Crypt!
A community of musicians, songwriters, & artists
Last Edit: 08 Feb 2013 00:30 by jason.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2013 10:32 #2 by Rachel
Rachel replied the topic: We are looking for writers!
I could do it

More
09 Feb 2013 01:37 #3 by jason
jason replied the topic: We are looking for writers!
Yeah absolutely! I will get the details setup over the weekend. B)

I will let you know once everything is complete.

Welcome to the Crypt!

More
10 Feb 2013 10:31 #4 by Rachel
Okay :cheer:
but I might not be able to get started on it straight away this week because I have exams.

More
17 Feb 2013 11:17 #5 by jason

Rachel wrote: Okay :cheer:
but I might not be able to get started on it straight away this week because I have exams.

Sorry for the delay... B)

Your new profile link: www.songcrypt.net/rachel - Don't worry everything else works the same, this just allows you to share your profile with others around the net.

I have finally started setting up everything. You now have access to create an article in the Discuss section. You should now see a new menu that says, "Create an article". Once you create an article I will proof it prior to publishing on the site. Once it is published you can always edit it by going directly to the article and there will be icon in the top-right corner that will allow you to edit, add, or make any changes.

I would like to keep the articles similar to what is posted now in the Discuss section, a blog/discussion piece. You can even add photo's and format the text much similar to how you would work with MS Word or any other document software. ;)

Can't wait to see your work! :) Let me know if you have any questions.

Welcome to the Crypt!

More
18 Feb 2013 10:50 #6 by Rachel
Sorry
what is it I am writing about again? :P

More
19 Feb 2013 00:14 #7 by jason
Well I would like to have our own blogs, or guides on how to write songs :whistle:

Check out the Discuss section when you have a second. You don't have to add photo's/art and make it pretty! I can mess that up for you! :D Of course I wouldn't stop you either! :P

Let me know if you have any other questions! B)

Welcome to the Crypt!

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds