attention: Site Update (20 Jun 2015)

Welcome to Song Crypt!

To get started head over to " Introductions " and introduce yourself! That's the best way to get involved with the community!

**UPDATE**
Sorry for the absence...
I am working now on updating the site and making some adjustments so that it is more flexible and can be accessed easily from a smartphone/tablet. If something is broken, missing, or if you just have feedback, let me know! ;)

POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition

Poll: What contest are you most likely to participate in?

More
11 Nov 2012 13:03 #21 by Tha Storyteller
Tha Storyteller replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
The thing i always think...

If your a songwriter or in the process of becoming a songwriter, to ever make it further than just yourself and a pad you need to be able to 'sell' your idea to someone.. a band, a singer, an A&R rep etc - sell doesn't in this instance mean money, you just need to be able to pitch your idea in a way that the person listening grabs it and wants to do something with it.

What competitions like these do, in the nicest way, is separate the serious songwriters from the hobbyists. That is not a negative and no offence of any type is meant by it.

If you are a serious songwriter, even one just starting out, and you have no equipment then these competitions and other like it should be your staple diet. They should be what makes you want to work a few hours of overtime to get a mic or a better PC to record your songs on. Sure at first, learn the craft of songwriting, get the basics down tight, melodic structure is key for anyone looking to make a career out of it but then you gotta be buying the equipment to allow you to do your 'job'. A mechanic doesn't say I am a mechanic when he has no tools or knowledge of how to be one.. they start with nothing, they learn the craft, then they buy there tools and then the start honing those tools. Only when they have everything do they start selling there skills... Just like music you are never done though, new cars, new technology, you gotta stay on it...

I guess what I am trying to say is, we really need 2 competitions, one for lyricists and one for complete songs. by creating that line you are giving everyone goals and something to work toward. Those in the Lyricist comp want to win it and also start making complete songs. Those in the complete songs want to win and keep entering other competitions...

There are some really talented people on this site, the way to keep attracting them is to show off that talent, have high quality songs, create the want to win and make it competitive.

Just my thoughts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2012 03:32 #22 by Aphrodite
Aphrodite replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
Yup, I want 2 contests to be held, but i don't want to bother anyone
Because holding 2 contests is fair for all :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: bradbrowne

More
17 Nov 2012 18:50 - 21 Nov 2012 02:56 #23 by Syeda Nisma Fatima
Syeda Nisma Fatima replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
Just lyrics please! so many people having a complete song lyrics will be disqualified, if only a complete recorded song will be accepted. Many of us don't have this facility of recording!
Last Edit: 21 Nov 2012 02:56 by Syeda Nisma Fatima.

More
21 Nov 2012 00:09 #24 by jason
jason replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
Excellent feedback guys and I think I have the basis for the next competition. I am curious what songwriters would like to see in terms of a prize? For complete songs I think I have it figured out and I'm looking now at options! :)

For Lyrics however, what is worthy of a win? What would you like to see? I would like to find a sponsor for this portion as well.

Keep the discussion going and let's see what we can come up with. B)

Welcome to the Crypt!
A community of musicians, songwriters, & artists

More
21 Nov 2012 03:00 #25 by Syeda Nisma Fatima
Syeda Nisma Fatima replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
Lyrics having a complete meaning and a rhythm should be selected as best!

More
21 Nov 2012 20:19 #26 by bradbrowne
bradbrowne replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition

jason wrote: Excellent feedback guys and I think I have the basis for the next competition. I am curious what songwriters would like to see in terms of a prize? For complete songs I think I have it figured out and I'm looking now at options! :)

For Lyrics however, what is worthy of a win? What would you like to see? I would like to find a sponsor for this portion as well.

Keep the discussion going and let's see what we can come up with. B)

I think a good prize for the contest could be international gift cards

Just a thought

Cheers

Brad

Roses are red, Violets are blue, These handcuffs don’t work, So f*** the lot of you

haha sorry bored

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds