attention: Site Update (20 Jun 2015)

Welcome to Song Crypt!

To get started head over to " Introductions " and introduce yourself! That's the best way to get involved with the community!

**UPDATE**
Sorry for the absence...
I am working now on updating the site and making some adjustments so that it is more flexible and can be accessed easily from a smartphone/tablet. If something is broken, missing, or if you just have feedback, let me know! ;)

POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition

Poll: What contest are you most likely to participate in?

More
31 Oct 2012 04:15 #11 by Tha Storyteller
Tha Storyteller replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
Is there no way you could run 2 contests side by side?

I REALLY WANNA ENTER A FULL SONG COMP!!

Regarding how voting should work for the complete song category, in my opinion, should be based on the following.

(score 1-2-3-4-5 - 5 being the best)

1) Quality of Lyrics
2) Melodic flow of lyrics
3) Fit of the lyrics on the instrumental
4) Overall presentation of the song (all parts rolled up, lyrics, vocals and instrumental)
5) Re playability <-- the KEY one of any successful song

5 areas to be judged on, you score each area between 1-5 and the average score of those 5 areas gives you your final rating.

What ya think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2012 04:19 #12 by Tha Storyteller
Tha Storyteller replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition

Stella wrote: Maybe you could hold two contests, one for complete lyrics and another for complete songs? There's a competition in Nashville, the prize they give every month is a cd of your song, even if you don't have the music, they arrange it for you, although, i think they look more for country style music though.

I like the idea of a CD, perhaps there are others out there that do it for all genre's?

Just came to me, on the original site we had a MIXTAPE area where the best songs got presented on the front page of the site. This could be part of any prize, the top 3 tracks get posted and so do the top 3 lyric's from any competition.

More
04 Nov 2012 04:48 #13 by Syeda Nisma Fatima
Syeda Nisma Fatima replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
I'm just too excited for this contest!

More
04 Nov 2012 23:59 #14 by bradbrowne
bradbrowne replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition

Tha Storyteller wrote: Is there no way you could run 2 contests side by side?

I REALLY WANNA ENTER A FULL SONG COMP!!

Regarding how voting should work for the complete song category, in my opinion, should be based on the following.

(score 1-2-3-4-5 - 5 being the best)

1) Quality of Lyrics
2) Melodic flow of lyrics
3) Fit of the lyrics on the instrumental
4) Overall presentation of the song (all parts rolled up, lyrics, vocals and instrumental)
5) Re playability <-- the KEY one of any successful song

5 areas to be judged on, you score each area between 1-5 and the average score of those 5 areas gives you your final rating.

What ya think?

Most of that i agree with but the part
"Is there no way you could run 2 contests side by side"
I think we should be able to run 2 contest side by side or at least have 1 after another.

As for the votes i think we should do what Tha Storyteller said I think thats a great way to vote.

Roses are red, Violets are blue, These handcuffs don’t work, So f*** the lot of you

haha sorry bored

More
05 Nov 2012 06:19 - 05 Nov 2012 06:20 #15 by Stella
Stella replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
I would prefer a complete songs competition, to just the lyrics, as Feyde said to me, it needs to be listened to as a whole, rather than just lyrics, which do come across more like poetry to me, when they're read.
As a busy Mum, i would enter the complete song competition, but its finding time to rehearse and record without interruptions, if i could figure out how to record!
Last Edit: 05 Nov 2012 06:20 by Stella. Reason: mis-spelling!

More
05 Nov 2012 06:27 #16 by Stella
Stella replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
One website offers the winning song a slot on a webpage that only musicians and singers can access, good idea, if you have any contacts?

More
05 Nov 2012 06:48 #17 by timmaynirvana
timmaynirvana replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
Full songs all the way.

Peace&love

More
06 Nov 2012 19:16 #18 by rosco
rosco replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
thats a hard decision. full songs would be better, but not as many people have those, so there wouldnt be as many contestents. id still say full songs though.

More
07 Nov 2012 02:44 #19 by Syeda Nisma Fatima
Syeda Nisma Fatima replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
I guess, you should just ask for a complete song lyrics, you can judge everything (i.e. rythm e.t.c) by the lyrics! because, perhaps not everyone will be able to record his/her song (including me)!
so, when will it happen??

More
11 Nov 2012 01:28 #20 by Aphrodite
Aphrodite replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
Hmm, I like the idea of CD :D
But uh, only few submitted a complete song on the last competition
Well, here's my opinion:
1. Lyrics contest is more flexible but it doesn't really show our guts and abilities
2. Complete song contest isn't really flexible but it shows our guts and abilities
3. Both of them at once is fair but I'm afraid it will bother you

And uh, if you'll hold a contest of both of them, you have to separate them, I mean put them in a different category and give away a different prize because writing lyrics is not as easy as making a song :D

and for the criteria, I like those that tha storyteller wrote :D

Time to create page: 0.330 seconds