attention: Site Update (20 Jun 2015)

Welcome to Song Crypt!

To get started head over to " Introductions " and introduce yourself! That's the best way to get involved with the community!

**UPDATE**
Sorry for the absence...
I am working now on updating the site and making some adjustments so that it is more flexible and can be accessed easily from a smartphone/tablet. If something is broken, missing, or if you just have feedback, let me know! ;)

POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition

Poll: What contest are you most likely to participate in?

More
29 Oct 2012 13:34 - 04 Nov 2012 02:02 #1 by jason
jason created the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
I am putting the details for the next songwriting contest to be held in the forums and I would like to see what everyone would like to participate in?
  • Lyric Writing - This would be a complete set of lyrics.
  • Complete Song - This would be an entire song including lyrics & music.

I'm curious to see here what everyone thinks. I'm also interested on how or what the voting should be based on? The prize/prizes have yet to be determined and I would also like some feedback here! :) We gave away a free microphone from Shure on the last one, so the possibilities are endless.

As a songwriter/musician what would you like to win?

Let your answers flow below! B)

Welcome to the Crypt!
A community of musicians, songwriters, & artists
Last Edit: 04 Nov 2012 02:02 by jason.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2012 01:11 #2 by DaveWritesSongs
DaveWritesSongs replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
If you plan to hold contests on a regular basis, I would suggest alternating between lyric contests and complete song contests. The criteria might be slightly different for each, but it's a good way to include everyone in this nice little community you've started here! (Don't mistake my low post count for lack of interest!)

Perhaps the prizes for the lyric contests could be more software/writing related, with the prizes for complete songs geared towards gear. Just my two cents. Your mileage may vary. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jason

More
30 Oct 2012 04:11 #3 by Stella
Stella replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
Maybe you could hold two contests, one for complete lyrics and another for complete songs? There's a competition in Nashville, the prize they give every month is a cd of your song, even if you don't have the music, they arrange it for you, although, i think they look more for country style music though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jason

More
30 Oct 2012 06:25 #4 by Feyde
Feyde replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
There is a third option to the descriptions you have listed. That would be an instrumental, which is still a complete song but without lyrics.

More info at facebook.com/markbrogersmusic

More
31 Oct 2012 01:02 - 31 Oct 2012 01:02 #5 by jason
jason replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition

DaveWritesSongs wrote: If you plan to hold contests on a regular basis, I would suggest alternating between lyric contests and complete song contests. The criteria might be slightly different for each, but it's a good way to include everyone in this nice little community you've started here! (Don't mistake my low post count for lack of interest!)

Perhaps the prizes for the lyric contests could be more software/writing related, with the prizes for complete songs geared towards gear. Just my two cents. Your mileage may vary. :)

I was thinking of doing the contest for each category, but I am not sure if we would have enough participants for "Complete Songs"? What did you have in mind in terms of software for writers?

Stella wrote: Maybe you could hold two contests, one for complete lyrics and another for complete songs? There's a competition in Nashville, the prize they give every month is a cd of your song, even if you don't have the music, they arrange it for you, although, i think they look more for country style music though.

I like the idea of a CD, perhaps there are others out there that do it for all genre's?

Feyde wrote: There is a third option to the descriptions you have listed. That would be an instrumental, which is still a complete song but without lyrics.

That is correct! ;) I am just not sure exactly what would appeal to the masses? If we run all 3 at once, I will go crazy! :D Just trying to keep up would be a nightmare! Perhaps we could figure this out with scoring and incorporate them into one contest? 2 contests I should be able to handle. One for "Lyrics" and another for for "Complete Songs/Instrumentals"?

I will do this one a bit different with registrations dates and will have voting dates, so that everyone has a fair chance. The last one I think some didn't enter during the last days because they didn't think they could acquire the votes needed just to qualify. Keep the ideas coming, I will send out an email later this week so that everyone knows about the thread and can chip in. Everyone's participation is appreciated.

Welcome to the Crypt!
Last Edit: 31 Oct 2012 01:02 by jason.

More
31 Oct 2012 01:06 #6 by bradbrowne
bradbrowne replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition
Jason you might think about the prize to you don't want them to be to expensive

Roses are red, Violets are blue, These handcuffs don’t work, So f*** the lot of you

haha sorry bored

More
31 Oct 2012 01:12 #7 by jason
jason replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition

bradbrowne wrote: Jason you might think about the prize to you don't want them to be to expensive

Oh definitely! ;)

The last one I paid for out of my own pocket. This one I am trying to get sponsors to assist with the prizes. Either way the prizes will be good! :)

Welcome to the Crypt!

More
31 Oct 2012 01:18 #8 by bradbrowne
cool hope they help

Roses are red, Violets are blue, These handcuffs don’t work, So f*** the lot of you

haha sorry bored

More
31 Oct 2012 01:22 #9 by bradbrowne
Oh yeah 1 more thing i was thinking for the contest we should do what we did with the 1st one that way everybody gets a chance to get in

haha sorry bored

More
31 Oct 2012 01:44 #10 by Feyde
Feyde replied the topic: POLL - Vote on our next Songwriting Competition

jason wrote: One for "Lyrics" and another for for "Complete Songs/Instrumentals"?

I wasn't suggesting that instrumentals be its own category. Only that they be considered for the complete songs category. I expect it would be more of a challenge for an instrumental to make its mark with people, but that probably depends on the caliber of the entries.

More info at facebook.com/markbrogersmusic

Time to create page: 0.444 seconds