attention: Site Update (20 Jun 2015)

Welcome to Song Crypt!

To get started head over to " Introductions " and introduce yourself! That's the best way to get involved with the community!

**UPDATE**
Sorry for the absence...
I am working now on updating the site and making some adjustments so that it is more flexible and can be accessed easily from a smartphone/tablet. If something is broken, missing, or if you just have feedback, let me know! ;)

How can i get over stage fright?

More
01 Oct 2012 08:17 #1 by TeamBreezy2012
TeamBreezy2012 created the topic: How can i get over stage fright?
I cant sing in front of ANYONE..not even family because i get so nervous so i just want to know if anyone has any advice on how to overcome that fear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2012 08:19 #2 by Feyde
Feyde replied the topic: How can i get over stage fright?
I generally face my fears to get over them. Afraid of getting beat up as a kid, so I took martial arts. Afraid of snakes, so I bought one as a pet. Fear usually comes from not knowing what to expect. You're afraid to sing in front of someone because you're not sure what their reaction will be. The more you do it, the easier it gets. Even veteran vocalists still get stage fright sometimes; they want to do well and this is the first time they're in front of this exact audience. You'll see a lot of vocalists... especially new ones... will close their eyes when they sing. Sometimes that's just to get into the vibe of the song, but other times it's simply to shut off seeing other people's reactions. After a while, you learn that you have little control over how someone else will react. All you can do is prepare yourself (practice) so that the quality of the performance is not another unknown, and then give it your best shot.

More info at facebook.com/markbrogersmusic
The following user(s) said Thank You: TeamBreezy2012

More
02 Oct 2012 08:22 #3 by TeamBreezy2012
TeamBreezy2012 replied the topic: How can i get over stage fright?
Thank I..I hope that will work for me

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds