attention: Site Update (20 Jun 2015)

Welcome to Song Crypt!

To get started head over to " Introductions " and introduce yourself! That's the best way to get involved with the community!

**UPDATE**
Sorry for the absence...
I am working now on updating the site and making some adjustments so that it is more flexible and can be accessed easily from a smartphone/tablet. If something is broken, missing, or if you just have feedback, let me know! ;)

Still trying to figure out what voice type i truely am.

More
21 Dec 2012 08:29 #1 by espirt
espirt created the topic: Still trying to figure out what voice type i truely am.
What catagory does the quality and range of my voice fall into?
1. Cant figure out what type of voice I have been getting so many mixed results some people said bass-baritone others say baritone, tenor, low tenor. Just trying to get a clear answer ! tx

my stuff

comments on my stuff is much appreciated even if they are not pretty! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2012 13:19 #2 by 21Norway
21Norway replied the topic: Still trying to figure out what voice type i truely am.
I found this thing that would REALLY help! It's called Erol Singer's Studio app for your phone. It was a bit pricey - like 14.99 (weird that I said 15 dollars was pricey) but it is GOLD!

After it determines your range it gives you all the warm ups you could ever get. I have been searching for these warmups for about 3 years. These were the warmups by teacher taught us and she was good enough to practically go pro in opera. If you don't have a phone or can't buy it, I'd suggest going onto youtube and maybe searching for the videos possibly.

Anyway it detecting my range and was right on. I think it could also improve your tone and range as it did mine and you'd be really happy with it.

More
24 Dec 2012 13:30 - 24 Dec 2012 13:32 #3 by 21Norway
21Norway replied the topic: Still trying to figure out what voice type i truely am.
This is what I suggest you do to increase you singing ego. I want you to exercise while singing. I have a treadmill and I walk fast and sing. I can admit that I don't sound that good and the first day I probably sounded like a fish out of water. But it made my lungs stronger and I sounded better each time I came off the treadmill. My ego got higher and I was able to sing better. Commit yourself to something similar and you will probably also have a breathtaking voice.
Last Edit: 24 Dec 2012 13:32 by 21Norway.

More
11 Jun 2013 16:52 #4 by Electrotapped
Electrotapped replied the topic: Still trying to figure out what voice type i truely am.
After listening to both of your recordings, I can say with confidence that you are a tenor. With your first song, Somewhere, you tended to approach and fluctuate around A#4 multiple times, which is definitely in the range of upper tenor. There is NO WAY you could be a bass-baritone or baritone, as that would be very low compared to your range.

Hope this helps!

Instrumentalist, DJ, Singer

Vocal/Songwriting and General Music Advice

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds